Residents participate in daily neurosurgery attending rounds where the care of inpatient neurosurgical patients is discussed. In addition, residents participate in several weekly and monthly conferences that serve as a broad educational foundation upon which residents can build their neurosurgical knowledge base.
- Grand Rounds provide detailed discussions relevant to patients on the service or topical reviews of interest. Visiting professors and outside lecturers enrich this conference on a regular basis.
- A Case Management Conference is held for residents and staff to discuss the management of patients and options for their care.
- Teaching Rounds provides opportunities for an informal case discussion between residents and a faculty member.
- Other weekly conferences within the department include the Neuro-Oncology Tumor Board Conference, Stereotactic Case Planning Conference, Pediatric Neuro-Oncology Conference, Epilepsy Conference and Chairman's Conference.
- A combined Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuropathology and Neuroradiology Conference
- Skull-Base Surgery Conference
- Journal Club
Residents also are welcome at a variety of conferences in Neuroscience, Neurology and related areas in other departments.